Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jul 19, 2010

WHISPERS: Love, Dreams and Imposter Hope


Hope is just an imposter
_______________
I dream of her
She dreams of togetherness
I hope its me
_______
Om Namah Shivaya

Unconditional Love
_______________
I love you
Not because of you
But because of me
Not because of your beauty
But because I am beautiful

I love you
Not because you need my love
but because I need my loving you

I love you
Not because yesterday or day before yesterday
But from ages
From many life times
Your soul and mine
Loved not you or me
But each other's togetherness in the heart

We have
Lived and died
On the banks of eternal river of various lives
On the clouds of moon lights
Among stars and its sunshine
Among the sea and its high tides
In each other's heart.
_______________





Om Namah Shivaya


Shiva in My Dreams
_________________
I have seen serpents
Running over your skin
Playing in your hair locks
Bathing from the rivulets of holy river ganges

That run down from your head





And then some one told me


That its me
Now I find them leaving you






and running across my blood
Slithering in and out of my blood vessels
Touching my senses
In cold touch


I have them making me feel





Gripped in coils
While my mind writhes
In shudders
Of coiled tightness
Of my life
Day in and day out 

Love





I find you

Probing my senses
with your flickering tongue

______________________
Om Namah Shivaya

Die another Death
________________
Inside you
I die thousand deaths
Every time I don’t find you in my thoughts.
My love,
I spread myself in whole of the sky
Stake me with tall deodar trees
And I die thousand deaths

Inside me, there is a person
Willing to lie
To let you know that I am what I am
But not what I can be
And cry.
And you know my love
That person is not me
But I suspect its you
In my heart who is willing to die

To let me live
A thousand lives
Alone and hurt
Bleeding and blunt
No emotions and no feelings
Just a stone statue,
Where we loved
That we loved
That first day
And that we hugged
  
Why?
Why it has to be spread so thin
Thick in our love
That it has become so transparent
It hides nothing
It holds nothing
It does not even promise an eternity
But just our hurt feeling
And missed chances to be one

Why my love
You are so far away
To be loved
Even when you are just sleeping next to me
Why….?
_____________________
Om Namah Shivaya

Today is the birthday of Yevgeny Yevtushenko (July 18,1931- ), who was Russia's most popular poet in 1960's, often attracting thousands to his readings and has written more than forty books of poetry. His poetry was some of the first to overtly criticize Stalin. He has been politically active through his life, even serving in the first freely elected parliament of the USSR from 1988 to 1991. I was touched by this poetry from him so thought of reproducing it here.

You are great in love
____________________
You are great in love
                                        You are bold
My every step is timid.
I will do nothing bad to you,
but can hardly do you any good.
It seems you are
                                     leading me
Off the beaten path through a forest
Now we're up to our waist in wildflowers
I don't even know
                                                       what flowers they are
Past experience is of no help here.
I dont know
                                                  what to do or how.
You are tired.
                                                                    You ask to be carried in my arms
Already you are in my arms.
"Do you see
                                                how blue the sky is?
Do you hear
                                                     what birds in the forest?
Well, what are you waiting for? 
                                                     well?
                                                                                     Carry me then!"
And where shall I carry you?...
_____________________
Yevgeny Yevtushenko (July 18,1931- )
Translated by Albert C Todd


Submitted to One Shot Wednesday Week 14
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...