Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Aug 16, 2010

WHISPERS: Of desires, conflicts and shattered dreams...




I FEEL FAR
____________ 
Far away
The sea crashes
On empty beach
______


Between my mind and heart...
______

The tremors that my hand felt


From her fingers
Travelled to the heart
Within my smile
Holding her silence within
My lips
I felt my love
Flutter in her Arms

"Wait - hold me before you leave"
Hung somewhere between my mind
And  her Heart
__________





Shattered Dreams...
The touch that lingers


Like phantoms of my mind
The feelings
That sieves out of my passion
Just hold me closer to you
Than your body scent
That lives within my own thoughts




The more passionate thoughts


Coils my mind, gathers all around
More pain,
That breaks out in my heart
Like the grip of your slender legs
Squeezing out pleasure
Till
My last drops




How can I hold you more firmly?


In my thoughts
When your passions
Flutter, even with soft winds of change
While a storm is looming large
Around me and my thoughts
Leaving behind, in its wake
Many a shattered dreams.



____________ 


She Skipped....
______

I find her


Oriented to the Sea
Like a magnet drawn to it
Finding her moment of solitude
In the expanse of blue depth
Precipated from the sky

She left me alone
The moment the sea unfolded before her eyes
Skipping like a small child
That she still is
To reach out to her soul
Merged within the waves
Like her lover's call

Stopped before the sea engulfed her
Emotions
Feelings
and the sheer vastness of her
Loneliness.
She finds in her lover
The same depth and expanse
Of emptiness
That she finds within

And I watched from a distance
Her framed outlines in the evening sky
and within the depths of her bond
Unattached
Still reaching out
__________________
Om Namah Shivaya


Gabriel Garcia Marquez said of Pablo Neruda," The greatest poet of 20th century - in any language" and here is one of his interesting and beautiful verse called "Body of a Woman". This verse as one of the writer said is an introductory text to the poetry of desire.

Body of a woman
_________________
Body of a woman, white hills, white thighs,
You look like a world, lying in surrender
My rough peasant's body digs in you
And makes the son leap from the depth of the earth

I was alone like a tunnel. The birds fled from me,
And night swamped me with its crushing invasion.
To survive myself I forged you like a weapon,
Like an arrow in my bow, a stone in my sling

But the hour of vengeance falls, and I love you.
Body of skin, of moss, of eager and firm milk.
Oh the goblets of the breast! Oh the eyes of absence!
Oh the roses of the pubis! Oh your voice, slow and sad!

Body of my woman, I will persist in your grace.
My thirst, my boundless desire, my shifting road!
Dark river-beds where the eternal thirst flows
And weariness follows, and the infinite ache.
________________
Pablo Neruda
Translated by W
S Merwin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...