Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

May 28, 2012

MUSIC: Folk Songs like of Bihar / UP (INDIA) in EUROVISION 2012


THIS YEAR'S EURO VISION 2012 2ND WINNER REMINDS ME OF OUR VILLAGE FOLK SONGS FROM UP / BIHAR AS WELL AS ONE FROM BULGARIA
______________

Yesterday night Buranovskiye Babushki (meaning "Buranovo Grannies") won second place in the prestigious Eurovision Song Contest (Sweden's Loreen won the first place). These old beautiful ladies, did not know the English lyrics but said that it was easy for them to sing. Its a lovely song and I loved it, more than the winner as it reminded me of our own village songs that my own grandmother, and family used to sing while doing daily chores or doing some community things like harvesting, community cooking or festivals/marriages.

(Buranovskiye Babushki is a Russian ethno-pop band containing eight elderly women. Buranovskiye Babushki represented Russia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The band consists of eight "grandmothers", but only six were allowed to appear on the Eurovision stage. They are from the village of Buranovo, Udmurtia, halfway between the Volga and the Urals in Russia. The band performs most of their songs in the Udmurt language.)





Their initial notes of the song reminded me of another very powerful folk song by Valya Balkanska known for singing the song "Izlel e Delyu Haydutin", part of the Voyager Golden Record selection of music included in the two Voyager spacecraft launched in 1977. You must listen to Nevena Tsoneva's singing at the final of Eurovision 2007 singing that very powerful song by Balkanska...
To know more about her as well as hear her sing.. click here....
To hear Nevena's lovely rendition of Balkanska in her finals at Music Idol 2007 - Bulgaria's which won her finals... Click here 
____________
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya


Text curtsy Wikipedia Click here


PREV                                       HOME                                    NEXT
MUSIC: Valya Balkanska



6 comments:

  1. this is an unusual topic--thanks for info

    ReplyDelete
  2. shashi Its Regan remember me? I have been trying to find you on face book but cant find you, please add me or email me at reganranks@hotmail.com like you I have been learning and unlearning many things, I see you read some of my great teacher oshos work but alas shashi I have studied the Gita deeply my friend, and you are right everything within the Gita I find in the Tao te ching and also all I have unlearned from Osho, on the deepest levels Krishna is so valuable and how much I have learned from the deepest nectar of the Gita. I am open and look to refind you my friend to learn from you aswell. find me friend I see you add me on twitter just as I search for you on facebook my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Regan I have missed our profound chats and thoughts... lets catch up... My email ID is shashidhar.sharma@gmail.com or you can send me a message on twitter... @VerseEveryDay

    ____________
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bhavana for your words... it is actually unusual topic but you know its very usual in the villages of India to have this kind of songs / folklore and banter playing in the group ... while doing daily chores or celebrating an auspicious occasion or an event...
    Yes its un-usual for a blog topic I agree... :-)
    ____________
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.facebook.com/regan.campbell.319 you should add me as a friend on facebook

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...