Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jan 15, 2014

HINDU LITERARY FESTIVAL: Some impressions from final day...

....continuing with my impressions from the 2nd day, of Hindu Lit For Life Festival at Chennai... Hope you will enjoy the same.

I will be posting my thoughts on the sessions and some interesting provocative quotes, thoughts and ideas from my interaction with an amazing array of Writers, Creative Geniuses and artist, that Hindu Team seem to conjure at the drop of hat for this festival. As I have attended all the Annual Festival since its inceptions, I can very well say, this was one of the most inspiring one... Thank You HINDU and the team and I look forward to the next year....

In the morning... the lull before storm known as Kamal Haasan hit the venue

As usual, Kamal Haasan made a grand entry through the back doors...
to avoid crows of fans gathered at the main entrance. 

And yes it was full of vibrant colors and thoughts...

Probably the most packed session, where Kamal Haasan made the day
with witty one lines 

And the volunteers from SRM and Vaishnava college, lapped it up online..

Naomi Wolf, of The Beauty Myth fame, left the stage to mingle with the
shy crowd of Chennai, who have not heard the words...
"Beyond The Vagina"

And on the side lines of the sessions, author friends caught up
with each other...

While some had an interesting discussion going one...

I was conjuring cigarettes from the tree, as Shovan Chowdhury termed
it, since he was not able to find any nearby... and the celebrated Photographer
Pablo of Bhopal Gas Tragedy joined in... 

Valmik Thapar, who has put in all his life in saving Tigers... seemed
to himself in distress over the apathy of Govt about it

Shannon Samantha, 'The Bone Season' Sensation who signed 6 figure
contract even before publishing first book...

And one of my idols, I get to meet.. Romila Thapar

In the end, waiting for the announcement
of Hindu Literary Prize

Judged by none other than Timeri Murari, whose book "Limping to the
center of the World" I am reading now...
AND THE WINNER IS.... ?

Well check out my next blog post to be uploaded shortly to know the same. Though in my opinion, the winner is the discerning art and literature lovers of Chennai... Cheers!!!
__
Shashi
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
PREV                                HOME                              NEXT
  Hindu Lit Fest 2014 - Some impressions           Day One - Write The Damn Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...