Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

May 10, 2010

A walk across forever....

Welcome!!!! For many years, I have been putting my thoughts on various places, various forums and it was kind of getting haphazard and un-regular too. So I thought of starting this blog where I can keep all those interesting things, creative urges, spiritual experimentations and journeys that happen to happen with me from time to time. I intend to post here every week first thing on Monday, so that if you like you can come back to read on the start of the week. I hope these posts, images and thoughts give you some food for thought in your day to day life and make life more beautiful for you and your family and friends around. I will appreciate it if you leave some comments and add yourself to follow this blog so that you know when some thing new is posted here.

This week's posting contains the following.
Book Section: Some excerpts from one of the books that I have enjoyed reading over the years "From Mind To Super Mind" by Rohit Mehta written around 1966. The book is basically a commentary on Bhagawad Gita - Lord Krishna's discourse to Arjuna on the battle field of Mahabharata about life, duties, soul and God. I loved this book, because more than a discourse about religion, this is more about mind and how to have control over our mind and senses and what is in Bhagawad Gita about the same. I have tried to put the thoughts of the writer Rohit Mehta as well as what is written in Gita that are specific to mind control, making our minds Supreme, in this section.
Photo Section: I have put one picture that I could capture of a street beggar on the way to Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai. I don’t think that image needs any explanation, so I have left it as it is for you to draw your own thoughts.
Poetry Section: This has one poetry about how at the fag end of life, one comes to meditate upon things done and not done. The image is of an old lady captured in one of the temple towns in Orissa, known as Puri. The house of Jaggannath - Lord of all the worlds, Krishna.
Story Section: Finally the starting paragraph of chapter two of a story in the making - "Yogi Baba" being written by a friend.


Happy reading, enjoy life, life is beautiful.

Om Namah Shivaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...