Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jul 17, 2011

WHISPERS: Memories to live by...

Some of my HAIKU that I have had written some time back in the Face Book Group Whisper’s that suddenly got archived without my knowledge. So trying to salvage some of the words that I have had written and putting it in another new group... WHISPERS click here to read some more 

If you like to know more about HAIKU, please read a feature I have had written about it... Click Here
________________________



Sea and shore
Pulsating rhythm - high and low
An endless coming together
__
Our soul songs of the night
Flowers into a milky way
Across our heart
__
The memory of her outstretched
Un-held hand
Aches all the time.
__
I know one day
You will get up and leave
Till then, let me make memories to live by
__

The below verse is based on a painting "Death and Life" which I came across in my recent visit to Belvedere Museum in Vienna where I saw this painting by Gustav Klimt was exhibited. This painting opened a new window within me to see a new perspective of my living...

Gustav Klimt's 'Death and Life' c 1910-1915
From Belvedere Museum - 3rd July, 2011

Sometimes, my thoughts whisper to me about life, living and who actually I am. Sometimes I am the mind, sometimes I am the soul, and sometimes I am the result of the past, living in ‘now’... sometimes I am nothing but just ‘someone’ who lives within and dares to whisper...

I AM THAT
__________________
Sometimes when I wake up
I know that I am dead
And being dead is not easy
As it bleeds in ‘now’
In moment by moments of living
Foot prints of red
Tree lined paths of memory
Stretched from here to eternity
Ocean full of scents
Of past memories

I search within
For the life
Knowing it was dead too.

But being dead is not easy
It still pains
And I wonder, in all my awakenings
Why it still pains
when senses are already dead?
When thoughts are already numbed
Into silent screams of mind – unleashed
By constant throbbing of
This un-living;
Why still it pains?
Why?
And yet the question is

Who is this talking to me about it now?
Me?
Who is dead?

 Or is it ‘me’
The unknown
The unravelled
The one that can never be dead
Unattached, untouched and unscathed
An emptiness

A shell full of darkness behind light
Un-dead
I am that
________________
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

This is the second week I am hosting Poetry Potluck on JP – a group of great and talented poets, who gather around to write something on a theme. This week it’s themed on “ART” and I am calling it ‘Painting Whispers’


This is also going to be submitted to One Shot Wednesday at One Stop Poetry – another online group of talented artists and poets...
click here to submit your own and read some great poets...

(This opens on coming Wednesday, so you will have to wait till then...)


PREV                                          HOME                                          NEXT
Cuckoo’s Song and smell of love                                                              

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...