Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Mar 13, 2012

23rd Edition


Welcome to 23rd Edition of “Shadow Dancing With Mind”
This edition is in celebration of friends, who have helped me achieve 100K hits, 1000’s of comments with 215 posts and 356 followers.

TALKING POINT : The things that have made me think

'LOVE – The most powerful brain system' says Dr. Helen Fisher. In this TEDTalk by Dr. Helen Fisher, I find the anatomy of Love discussed thread bare with an interesting result that we are built in such a way that we can love many people at any point of time. It’s a great talk and I would recommend you to watch the video, where in her own beautiful style with Stories, poetry, humour and lot of intelligence and hard research thrown in, she proves and I quote,
“I don't think, honestly, we're an animal that was built to be happy; we are an animal that was built to reproduce”

UP, CLOSE & PERSONAL : People who have touched a chord in my heart

I rediscovered her while watching the movie "When Nietzsche Wept" few days back recommended by one of my friend. I had read about her while doing a little research on Nietzsche and found her to be a very interesting character in real life too. Her relationship with distinguished western luminaries, like NietzscheWagnerFreud, and Rilke, got me thinking about what actually made her out to be, what kind of person she was... 

WANDERLUST : Following passions of heart, mind and soul

Today is the most Holy day of Lord Shiva, Maha Shiva Ratri, which according Hindu Scripture's is supposed to be the most favorite day of Lord Shiva. Its also believed that today, Lord Shiva married His consort Parvati. On this lovely and auspicious day, walk with me to some auspicious place across India, associated with Lord Shiva  that has touched me deeply and blessed me with peace and love...

New Year usually brings me to the most spiritual place – Rishikesh on the foothills of Himalayas. I am sharing my journey to one of the most powerful temples of Shiva around Rishikesh - Neelkanth Mahadev Temple. The 4 hour trek passes through picturesque dense forest alongside serene rivers Pankaja and Madhumati. But before I take you on to a journey through my images captured on the way, I would like to share…

BOOK REVIEW : Reading and then sharing books

This lovely book is compilation of ‘inspiring 101 stories about meeting challenges and growing up’ in life, which took me back to the dreams I have had, the aspiration that I aspired for and the childhood I grew up in. This is not a book only for the teens but for many of the older generation, who will benefit by reading these inspiring stories…

WHISPERS : My words, Poetry and Haiku

People in our life come and go but sometimes one chooses to remain with someone, forever, even though the farewells have happened. The reason for this deep rooted attachment, may not be in the soil of this life, but probably in all the other lives you have lived… so here I am trying to explore the “Lost Soul” among the debris of lives, lived along with some of my Haiku about love and its expression in verse (To know more about Haiku, Click here…)

St. Valentine’s Day for me means as the day of remembering those who have been with you on your journey for some time or forever. Who precipitated the essence of your living, into the seed within, that burst forth in flowering, as time passes by. Making the path of living more vibrant and beautiful for the travellers in your wake... so here I am again with some of my Haiku about the path and then a longer verse about the journey…

Haiku about a beautiful moonrise and the longer verse “Where Ever I Will Fall...” 

Sharing some Haiku on LOVE and a longer verse “Withered Dreams...”

Well this month beginning, my blog reached a great milestone of 100,000 hits. To celebrate this, I am sharing the top five posts (From 200+ posts) that have been read most… though there are many posts, that I personally like and are good features but since some of them are posted a little later, hence I guess those didn’t make it to the top five… though I am happy to see that Rishikesh made it to the tops too... :-)
_________________________
Hope you will enjoy this edition... look forward to your comments and visit to the next Edition... please click on the “Join this Site” button on the right hand side top corner to follow my activities here...
__________________
Shashi @ March 2012
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                     HOME                                       NEXT
22nd Edition

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful collection Shashi...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your every post is in itself a milestone... :)
    keep rocking Shashi... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. It's a great achievement. It has always been a great experience to read your posts..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...