Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Nov 1, 2010

Whispers: Modern Halloween


SPIRITS

_______
They tell me about life and death
I talk to them too, constantly
When I am awake, I dream
__

Image curtsey wisdomquarterly.blogspot.com
TSUNAMI 2004
____________

Like an enchantress, Sea gathered her skirt 
The waves moved away from the shore 
And I thought she will fly 

Some followed her on the open sea bed 
Lured as she tentatively revealed her bare thighs 
and then she unleashed her naked fury 

A big wall of rage swept across, in all consuming terror 
A few survived the surge but then many died inside 
Engulfed in her passionate cries

Few days later, I found a little girl curled up on the beach 
Small hands holding some sea shells 
as waves lapped her dead smile.... 
 _______________________
Written after Tsunami in 2005, 
While working with an NGO near Chennai, India



911
___
Nine is divine
One is one
Humbled in collective pain
We stand in silence
While the world calls 911
_____________________

A tribute to the victims of 911
@2010

नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

Submitted to Jingle Potluck WK 8 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...