Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Apr 5, 2011

STILL LIFE : The Village life ....

FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Travelling, Photography and writing Haiku - So here it is all together. Hope you will enjoy it.

Recently I have been to a village near Varanasi India. It's a lovely place and I got very positive and vibrant feeling from there. As usual, I have had my camera which went about capturing my impressions and the essence of the village, which I am sharing below. Just to make your viewing more interesting, I have also posted some of the Haiku I have written in past and liked; loosely based around the images...
The way to the village... near Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh - India) 

Without direction
One step after another
Effortless
__


Birds on Wire... 

Small happiness’s
Like the bird on the wire
Music for the soul
__


Daily burden of living...

Thoughts in mind
Your pain in heart
Carrying karmic baggage
__


Waiting...

 Silence
Paints her picture
On my deep sighs
__

Why I find
The longing, beating inside my heart still
That has passed under the bridge
__


The colorful harvesting...

Tea is brewing its own thoughts
Mine is in mind
As she plucks in the tea plantation
__

Tending to the field...

Life, in heights of pleasure
In slow moments of pain
Empties into living
__


Catching up... with young life ...

Some words are so effective
Before you realise
They suck the happiness out of life
__


Time to reflect .... on the past

Desire to see you now
So heavy in my heart
I almost sunk it in tears
__


Sunrise over the temple...

Breeze, Mist and ripples still, in awe
Temple is dressing up
In sunrise
__


Dew drops hang on to the grass...

Dew drops
Settles softly on lips
Love, flowers
__

Night softly settles on my bed of grass
Crickets stopped singing
Waiting for my footfall
__

नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya




This post is submitted to 

POETRY POTLUCK - These are a few of my favorite things...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...