Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Sep 28, 2013

29th Edition of Shadow Dancing With Mind

I have started writing my this public blog in the year 2010 (I started writing my blog in 2004, with my  personal thoughts and poetry) and I am so happy that, people across the world liked what I write (almost 300K hits) and gave me an award as the Top Indian Blogger in the Topics of "Religion and Spirituality"... and this Edition in celebration of the same. I hope you will like, what I have had written in this edition. Most importantly  please, if you are a poet, submit your poetry on or before 30th September to win "All Expense Paid week Long Spiritual Retreat" in Himalayas and if you are talented enough, probably you will win "To and Fro Air Ticket" too, from your country to Delhi. So don't miss the chance to visit the spiritual capital of the world - Rishikesh in Himalaya...

NEWS:
COUNT DOWN BEGINS - To Win All Expense Paid Spiritual Retreat in Himalaya,Write Haiku or Poetry before 30th Sept 2013
Write a HAIKU OR POEM on "Spirituality" on or before 30th September 2013, and win a chance to be one of the 5 WRITERS who will be offered an All Expense Paid (including Air Fare) Week long stay in Winter Spiritual Retreat in Rishikesh, Himalaya Or in Kushinagar. The top two will be offered To and Fro tickets from their country to Delhi as well.

The last one and half  month has been amazing for my social media journey. Won the prestigious award Indian Blogger Award 2013 for the things I am passionate about, "Religion and Spirituality" and then one of the Publishing House offered to Publish "A book on Blogging", which will be distributed across India by Landmark (The Book Store of Tata's). [The publishing house has scheduled this book to be published by March 2014 and I have to give the final manuscript at the end of Dec 2013]


In last one month, two of my very close friends became authors and one of them is Sanjay Pinto (The other is Raghu Raman) and as he loves the extempore style, the moment Sanjay saw me at the launch of his book, “Speakers Are Made, Not Born” promptly appointed me the host along with his wife Vidya to welcome the guests at the Don Bosco School auditorium. It was a beautiful evening spent along with many of my old friends listening to the dignitaries at the dais. The master of ceremony was a welcome change as school going kids, honed by Sanjay’s ‘Silver Tongue Academy Resource’ delivering perfect introductions and speeches.

THE READER: 
The Psychology of Kundalini Yoga by C G Jung
When ever some one talks about Kundalini, Tantric or Cakra’s, an image appears of wild and lurid psycho spiritual rituals and sexual forms that even most imaginative sex industry will find hard to replicate. But in our scriptures, this is not fiction but a science that was developed from the beginning. Starting from Laya yoga, transforming into a defined practice, that is aimed at attaining higher state of living, through inner search and meditation. Kundalini meditation, in my opinion, is what westerners call now as ‘Psycho-analysis’ with steps to really know ‘Who Am I”.

MUSIC: 
Music has a great effect on us, it has the power to move us to the higher state of living from the point of just 'living'. Our ancient sages has been aware of this effect of music, sound vibrations and chanting etc. so ensured that we are in touch with music in our lives through various rituals, customs and samskara. Hence most of our ancient and vedic knowledge is bound in the various forms of music, mantra chanting or plain vibrations of sound.

Every year, I visit Rishikesh in Himalaya but this time I got a chance to visit devbhoomi (God’s own earth) in the Hindu month of Shravan (July – Aug). Shravan month is sacred in Hindu system for various festivals that are celebrated during this period like Janamashtami (Lord Krishna’s birthday), Raksha Bandhan, Naag Panchami, Basava Panchami etc. Shravani Mela is a major festival time at Deoghar in Jharkhand with thousands of saffron-clad pilgrims bringing holy water around 100 km on foot from the Ganges at Sultanganj.

As I was in Delhi during the time of Kanwar Yatra, I thought of going to Rishikesh to bring Ganga Jal (Holy Ganges Water) for the rituals in home. So here is my pilgrimage to Rishikesh from Dehradun divided in Two Parts, (due to the length of the post was too big to be unleashed on un-suspecting readers). The story below is from the day two in Rishikesh...

STILL LIFE:
Lakhs of devotees every year, make an annual pilgrimage in the month of Shravan (July-August) to Haridwar,
Rishikesh, Badrinath, Kedarnath in Himalaya to fetch Holy river Ganges water and bath their local Deity Lord Shiva in villages,  towns or city temples across India. These pilgrims are known as Kanvarias.

This monsoon season, I happen to travel to Pune and Mumbai on work and collected some rain drops on the
way... here it is....
Breeze mopping the slate clean
Clouds pregnant with raindrops
Sky still remains hung up and grey...

I have reviewed books for many friends, great writers and some not so great but never a product. First time,"I am reviewing mint-o Ultramintz as a part of the Product Reviews Program at BlogAdda" so don't really know how to go about it but decided to share my actual experience with it.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE...

I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS EDITION FRIENDS...IF SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. CHEERS!!!

Hope you will enjoy this edition... look forward to your comments and visit to the next Edition... please click on the “Join this Site” button on the right hand side top corner to follow my posts on this blog... I will be grateful.
__
Shashi
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
PREV                                     HOME                                       NEXT
28th Edition                                                            30th Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...