Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Dec 28, 2011

WHISPER : No One Is There In Living & Haiku


Sharing some Haiku about life and living along with a verse about what actually it is that ‘is’...  titled “No One Is There In Living”
From my visit to a village in Varanasi

Silent sounds of living
Calling in lost soul
A bell tolls forever
__

Sharp edge of time
Carves out
All that is attached to us, in living
__

Life, in heights of pleasure
In slow moments of pain
Empties into living
__
A devotee praying to sun in River Ganges at Rishikesh

No One Is There In Living?
______________

Oh Yes, no one is there in living
Just hungry desires
Of dark nights...
Sense perceptions and chaos of mind
An endless search of living
Within desert spaces of times

If this is what we are
Dark and night
Then why do I even attempt
To be
Where, what, do I understand
My passion, my memories... And my life...

Can be I different than
This or many universe’s of living

I agree, I have
Disturbed the calm surface of the lake
With living,
With brush of past
With calligraphy of emptiness
By hands of fate

You know, without pain
Bliss could never be

So tell me my friend
Where to go…?
In the depths of now...
Or in dark caves of Rishikesh*
Or is it within...

Before you die in living,
Dream, search and hold it in your hand
____________
Shashi @ Dec 2011

*RISHIKESH
This is a place on the foothills of Himalayas, which according to some is the spiritual capital of the world... to know more about the place and my thoughts about the same, please Click here...
______________________________
This is submitted to dVerse Poets Open Link Night WK 24, if you would like to read really some great talented poets as well as add your own, please click here....

_________
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                   HOME                               NEXT
Earth Wings...


17 comments:

  1. i dont know that one must travel to a holy place to find what resides within and without...there are places where the veil is thin but...look within...smiles...nice verse...also like that last haiku much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the first two haiku's, particularly the 2nd one.


    The way you used time as you did struck me in a wonderful way.

    Excellent work here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and filled with wisdom as always Shashi...blessings upon you sweet soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read about that place..very spiritual write.

    I like the inward journey more ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the haiku...the first one is haunting, when you think about forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful reflections... I really like "calligraphy of emptiness" and "without pain Bliss could never be"...

    Love the haiku, too. The third especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks friends for your beautiful words...

    @Brian - No one does not have to travel around the world to find oneself in living... one just has to live totally into the present now... As usual, you are the first few to visit my whispers and as always you find the seed within my verse and expound upon it... I love that in your comments and I always look forward to your words about my work... Thank you.

    @Skyraft : I am also attached to the second in that sense my friend. You see, its actually the time that let us know what we are, who we are and what is actually we are attached to in bonding, in relationship and in living... and then time is also the tool that carves out the form and shape of those attachments... bonds and living... you know interestingly Time in Sanskrit is also known as "Kaal" which is another name for God of Death....

    @Laurax : thanks for blessings and may you find peace and love and be blessed always...

    @Heaven : Rishikesh is an amazing place and very powerful in terms of spiritual vibrations... most of the Guru's of India at one point of time, have spent years in meditation there... since Vedic Days... and all that energy of spirituality permeates into your soul, if you are willing yourself open to it... and the Holy Ganges, rivers your body and soul with cleansing energy and peace... must visit place...

    @Timoteo : Thanks my friend. Yes, we are always called in by Kaal : Time(As explained earlier in this reply to @Skyraft)... relentlessly with each passing moment....

    @Laurie Kolp : thank you my friend. Yes, those are the points that have anchored my thoughts in this verse... glad that you picked it up... The third Haiku basically sums up the living for me... and hence is very close to my heart too..

    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have
    Disturbed the calm surface of the lake
    With living... this leaves me with quite some food to chew on...can we disturbe that lake's surface when we live..? do we find what we seek inside us? deep thoughts here..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haiku. I'd love to visit Rishikesh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, agree living in the present is the best way to be. Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful poem, so happy to find your work here. I loved learning a bit about Rishikesh through your verse. Certainly in this life it seems without bliss, there can be no pain.

    Blessings,
    Scotti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poetry and photos combine to create a feeling of sublime peace. I had a dream earlier this year that I was trying to cross the Ganges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again beautiful work, Shashi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy your poetry/pictures and leave your blog feeling wiser and better..
    I have you bookmarked to read more often..
    All the best for a beautiful New Year!!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true that pain and bliss go together. Your words always stir the mind and heart. Happy New Year to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, a comparative of words that sings truth. My best to you in the new year my friend! <3 ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, calligraphy of emptiness, and sharp edge of time. I LOVE how you create such meaningful metaphors in a whole beauty of a poem, Shashi!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...