Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jan 8, 2015

33rd Edition - Celebrating 400K Hits and New Year 2015 with spiritual quest


This is my 33rd Edition over a period of four years and 400K hits with multitudes of friends, followers and peers, on FB, Google+ and Twitter, ( @VerseEveryDay ); the last year has been great, though I could post only 23 articles on the blog. This I intend to correct in the year 2015 and hope to achieve one post every week at least. This is the first edition of the year with an interaction with a great and firebrand author Meena Kandasamy as well as my thoughts on Existentialism and spirituality. You will also visit some of the spiritual journey that I have had undertaken last year… Hope you will enjoy them as much as I did.
 

What Spirituality means?
Let me begin by sharing some lines from “Letters from Earth” - a book written by Mark Twain in 1909 about the Creator, who created the universe and then the earth and put the man along with all the animals on it.



From Hindu lit festivals, to constant ongoing word wars on social media, I have been watching Author Meena Kandasamy's journey to becoming a fiction writer of repute, for some time now. Her book ‘The Gypsy Goddess’, seemed to me, giving voice to her restrained rage against passivity of society at large. In this powerfully crafted novel, she gave vent to her angst in most interesting and witty way, taking us on a journey, exploring one of the most heinous massacres in Nagapattinam at Kilvenmani, where in 1968, 44 dalits were burnt alive by the landlords.


This is my third visit to Jageshwar Dham, along with my Amitabh and Shweta to celebrate their anniversary, had a special purpose i.e. in search of the answers to some questions that I have had developed in recent times as well as thanks giving for the many blessings Lord Jageshwar has given me over the years. Jageshwar is believed to be the site of first of the twelve Jyotirlingas, Nageshvara Jyotirlinga.The temple city comprises a cluster of 124 large and small stone temples, dating 9th to 13th century AD. And I firmly believe that the spiritual energy of the place can affect one's inner consciousness deeply to unlock energy centres 'Kundalini' to give you a different perspective on life and living...

What's the purpose of life and why do we live in an Universe devoid of meaning...

At some point of life, most of us, face the inevitable question ‘What’s The purpose of life?’ and then we try to answer either with our own day to day efforts of living or just leave it to be answered by the society / culture / religion to which we belong. Yes, I have faced this question too and slowly I have come to realize that it’s really not a question about Living but about Dying. It’s really hard for consciousness to hold on to the idea that each one of the steps that we take in living is one more step closer to our dying. But then I think, it’s one thing that we rarely forget…



Over the year I have shared some Thought This Week (TTW) and here are some of the best one from this year....




Hope you have liked this edition of my blog. Let me know your views and I will be grateful if you can leave your comments …
__
Shashi
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
PREV                                HOME                              NEXT
32 Edition                                                                       34th Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...