Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Oct 25, 2010

STILL LIFE: Some Fountains of Spiritual energy from North India Part I

During my various travels and professional trips, I move to many places in India and abroad. Whenever I could find opportunity, I enjoy travelling to spiritual places near by, in my own small experiments with spirituality and below are some of the most powerful place of spiritual energy I have come across. Hope you will enjoy this journey with me in this edition of STILL LIFE. 
This is going to be three part series as India abounds with powerful place all over.... its length and breadth.

One of the most powerful temples of Lord Shiva in Himalaya - Kedarnath

Durga Ji at Vaisnov Devi in Jammu

Lord Krishana's Holy place - Jaganath Puri. World Famous
for it Chariot Journey

Kalika Devi - At Delhi
From Childhood found a source of
Strength with her all the time

Thakur Ji (Lord Krishna) on the way to Puri
Most revered by Drivers on the way

Parinirvana Temple of Lord Buddha at Kushi Nagar
Lord Buddha's final resting place

World Headquarters of ISKCON at Mayapur

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu - He started Bhakti Yoga Movement
in India i.e devotional worship of Lord Krishna.
He used to pray In this temple at Navadweep, in Mayapur
Well now I am starting a journey from this image onwards, along the most holy River in India. Ganges. The river has been source of prosperity as well as source of spiritual upliftment too since ages. Slowly along this river's bank many of the powerful centers of energy evolved in terms of temples, ashrams and places. I am putting up the images of some of them, where I have been and found source of strength. The journey below starts from Himalaya's and ends at Ganga Sagar where the Holy River meets the Sea in the Bay of Bengal.

Badrinath - A Powerful center of Lord Shiva high in Himalayas
This is my friend Swami Yatidharmananda
I have talked about in "Making of Swami" in the post abov
e

The confluence of Bhagirathi and Alakananda
From here onwards the holy River is called Ganges

Pristine Waters of River Ganges at Rishikesh
Meditation here is a profound experience

Haridwar - The place of this years Maha Kumbha Mela

Kashi / Varanasi
Place of freedom from Karmic Cycle for many

Saccha Baba Ashram in Varanasi

Dakshineswar Temple of Durga Ji at Kolkata
Place of Sh. Ramakrishna Paramanamsa

Holy River Ganges at Dakshineshwar Temple

Kapil Muni Ashram at Ganga Sagar
The place where Holy River Ganges joins Sea

Our ancestral temple in village of Durga Ji
Neelkanth Mahadev Temple near Rishikesh

Shore temple Mamalla Puram
Taken on 25th Oct,10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...