Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jan 22, 2012

201st Post and 22nd Edition of Shadow Dancing With Mind


Welcome to my 201st post and 22nd Edition of Shadow Dancing With Mind”
Though I have been blogging for almost 8 years, (First blog started on 27th Oct, 2004 – My Experiments with Spirituality but for personal reading) but this blog I started on 10th May 2010 for specific reason of sharing my thoughts with friends and public at large. The desire to know what people who don’t know me personally, think about my thoughts and getting their feedback on what I love and am passionate about, was the trigger to start this one. I am extremely happy that in one and half year of this blog, I have made lots of friends and have got such a great response on my “Shadow Dancing With Mind”. I am grateful for 80,000 plus hits and more than thousands of comments.

My First STILL LIFE at my blog
A girl begging on the path of Sufi Haji Ali's Dargah in Mumbai India
So here is my own shadow boxing with thoughts, mind and living as well as this milestone of starting 3rd Century of posts, with my 22nd Edition of “Shadow Dancing With Mind”. 

This Edition has the following topics.

TALKING POINT
Dr Sara Lazar with his team
Meditation Found To Increase Brain Size – Dr. Sara Lazar(Psychologist at Harvard Medical School)

What Yogi’s always knew since Vedic time (Almost 4500 Years ago), scientists are acknowledging it now. In a landmark study, Dr. Sara Lazar with team of researchers at Harvard Medical School agrees that Meditation Practice can help our brains to better cognitive and emotional processing and increase our well-being.

THE READER
The Kiss by Klimt
“The man’s happiness is: I will. The woman’s happiness is: He will” says Nietzsche in his book Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Well I have liked almost everything the profound philosopher, writer and poet Nietzsche has said in his books about various things like ‘will to power’, higher man, individualism, personality development, religion, etc. But somehow his thoughts on WOMEN have left me wondering, is that really how he thought of women? 

Kahlil Gibran
Kahlil Gibran – The Poet Of Spiritual Love, was born on this day i.e. 6thJanuary in 1883. To celebrate his birthday, I am featuring in this section of my Blog – “The Reader” his most beautiful and lovely book “The Prophet”. Published in 1923, it became extremely popular in the 1960s counterculture. Kahlil Gibran is the third best selling poet (after Shakespeare and Lao-Tzu) in the world. But before I share his profound thoughts from the book “The Prophet” on many different aspects of life, love and living, let me give you a brief note about the poet.

WHISPERS
The Chinese Girl
A section where I post my poetry, Haiku and verse’s about love, life and living....

Haiku on How I write Poetry and A Door Firmly Shut
Sharing some Haiku on how I write poetry and a longer verse “A Door Firmly Shut On The Living...”

Life and living along with a verse "The Living Is..."

_________________________
Hope you will enjoy this edition... look forward to your comments and visit to the next Edition... please click on the “Join this Site” button on the right hand side top corner to follow my activities...
__________________
Shashi @ Jan 2012
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                     HOME                                       NEXT
21st Edition



7 comments:

  1. as usual wonderful post !
    congrats sir
    way to go :)
    DeepaK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations.. 8 years is a wonder.. I wish u all success for many more years into blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cynosure, Deepak and Krishnapriya

    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Hope you have many more years of blogging & wonderful posts to celebrate:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you structure your posts and how you manage to pack so much into these digests. Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey and evolving understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Shashi on an incredible Journey till date and hope it continues for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...