Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jul 24, 2012

WHISPERS: Cherry Blossoms Haiku & The Old Man At The Ghat...



Cherry blossoms and...
Falls; Sound of silence echoes
Is one hand clapping?
__
Love has lost meaning
Of being; Lone cherry blossoms
Alone; Cycle of life
__
Cherry blossoms in
Beauty; Wither, fall and
Decay; Life goes on...
__

An Old Man at the Ghat's Of Varanasi


The Old Man At The Bathing Ghat*
_________________
I saw the old man at the bathing Ghat*
Ages ago but he still continues
To haunt me and my thoughts
Provoking me to dig deeper
In psych about
Life
Death
Belonging that is lost.

But what does he know
I am handicapped too
By pain,
Loss and loneliness
Life to be, has become
An obscure phase lived
Slowly passing by, grain by grain
Like the sands of time in hour glass.

I have no clear vision
Even dreams are marred
By the imposter Hope
Playing kaleidoscope of light
At the end of one long dark tunnel
Why there is a light, only at the end?
Tunnels of life never end in living
But we blindly live, on and on

I too keep walking, on and on
Dripping past Karma
In drops of sweat and tears
Creating a fiery blood line
Anchoring me to the life
The old man now walks beside me
Holding my hand, talking
Knowing, feeling

I am as lost...
_______

Shashi
24th July, 2012

*Bathing Ghat is a place on the banks of river with steps for people to bath (in India)
_________
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                           HOME                                   NEXT
Memories...


9 comments:

  1. What a lovely set of haiku...Loved the first one...especially...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not good at haiku's .. I loved the pictures and the use of words ..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find your writing filled with spiritual meaning for me, Shashi...so inspiring even in the sadness and feelings of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blend of different streams of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. smiles....really like the uy in your second and there is def some wisdom to be gleened there shashi...love what you did with the cherry blossoms in the first as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Old Man At The Bathing Ghat is a stunning poem.
    I found this particularly deep:
    Why there is a light, only at the end?
    Tunnels of life never end in living
    But we blindly live, on and on

    ReplyDelete
  7. The haiku are new for you - you are enjambing and expanding your symbols I think.

    The Old Man too, is an extension. The drawing of the strings of life along a lifeline from young to older, from middle - age to aged..it is a continuum. The days are long, then short, and then stretch out to an end as many leave you at the bath alone. Quite beautiful, Shashi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the first one. The cherry blossoms, and the koan reference.

    That's pretty great right there.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...