Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Dec 30, 2010

STILL LIFE: Haridwar 2010


Since 27th December, 2010 I am on a trip to Sivananda Ashram  at Rishikesh, on the foothills of Himalayas for a week of mediation. Rishikesh is Yoga Capital of the world according to some and for me its one of the powerful centers of positivity. I will back to Chennai on 2nd January and thought of uploading my impressions from this trip as and when my connectivity allows. Hope this effort gives a feel of the trip to my friends. So here is the first such upload.


Today, I visited one of the powerful spiritual centers ‘Haridwar’, where last year there was celebrated “Kumbha Mela". This fair is celebrated after every 12 years and is one of the most revered occasions for spiritual upliftment in India. Below are some of my impressions from the place and hope this gives you a feel of the place.
The Goddess Durga on the base of an old worn out tree
and in the back ground, one of the very large sculpture of Lord Shiva
that dominates the bathing Ghats at Haridwar

In the middle of the Holy River, there is a statue of River Goddess Ganges

For the benefit of Pilgrim's a small canal of Holy River is diverted
and made into bathing Ghats

The view and the waiting flowers to be offered to Goddess Ganges
and cans to take the water back home.
Its scientifically proven that this rivers water never gets stale
even after years

Every one on his own way... here one father bathe's his child to free him
of sins

Some are there to capture moments of being at this holy place

Some are there to capture essence of India

And some times to pose for the camera
In this case mine...

Some are just not bothered, as they live in their own world of bliss....

Many of the people's livelihood, this holy place makes. Here is one such
young boy, trying to fish out the coins thrown in the Holy River
as offering through some pieces of magnate tied to a string...

Every one on his / her own journey....

And I have mine....

Wish you all also find your own journey...
Blessings from Lord Shiva
From Haridwar



ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

15 comments:

  1. Loved looking at these. Thanks for sending me the blog link, I've added yours to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clownfysh and Tsvetlina
    Om Namah Shivaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are truly amazing, looking forward to seeing more:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks David
    I appreciate your comments and your visit to my blog.... Hope you will come back to see tomorrow's upload, if I can, given the connectivity of this part of the world; in India, which is totally a different world compared to the rest of India.


    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you for this posting
    I loved reading every word and your photos,which I hope there are more...were wonderful
    washing to rid his son of his sins...
    i liked that image
    yes I will be back tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this does look like a very magical place. So colourful and vibrant. I hope you find what you are looking for in your own pilgrimage Shashi. I can't wait to hear and see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. India is one of the places I have on my bucket list and you captured why perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is absolutely beautiful, Shashi! thank you so much.
    Many blessings to you, as well.

    your photo's are simply amazing!
    looking forward to seeing and reading more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like such a beautiful trip...
    I have never gone that side ever..
    Wish to go there soon...

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful photos! one day i will visit...for now, i will visit through your photographs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shashi, I was just thinking of you today and realized I hadn't heard from you in a while. So I popped over here today and saw this wonderful posting with your great photos of your travels.

    I am envious of your visit to the Sivananda Ashram--I'm sure it must have been a beautiful experience for you and what a great way to start the new year.

    The ways and culture of India pull at my psyche--I know I have lived there in a previous life.

    Happy New Year to you, Shashi...

    Love,
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shashi, the pictures speak a thousand words. Ominous, beautiful, inspiring, and thought provoking are just a few that come to mind. Thanks for sharing. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shashi..came from your delight of haikus.. and seeing these lovely photoes my heart spontaneously said

    Heaven in front
    Of my eyes, I can only
    smell the air..

    It has always been a pleasure to have you on my page.. but I invite you today to have a look at my spiritual journey.. on OSI prompt of abundance...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice captures and captions! ..can identify with the feelings ..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...