Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Aug 26, 2011

18th Edition of Shadow Dancing with Mind


Welcome to 18th Edition of “Shadow Dancing With Mind”. This Edition has the following topics.

FEATURE
My thoughts and quotes from the books that I have been reading...

Recently, in a discussion, I came across a view that the art, sculpture and writings of ancient India many times were inspired by the kings and emperor’s lustfulness. Examples of Ajanta Ellora caves, Temple sculptures of Konark, Kaam Sutra etc were mentioned... In this context, I am hereby reproducing some interesting examples of how the beauty of Goddess Parvati, consort of Lord Shiva, was described by one of the sages in a very famous literary Book “Soundarya Lahari” in explicit but beautiful terms, full of devotion..

The Soundarya Lahari is not only a poem. It is a tantra textbook, giving instructions on Puja and offerings, many yantras, almost one to each shloka; describes tantric ways of performing devotion connected to each specific shloka; and details the results ensuing there from.


TALKING POINT
The thoughts, talks and viewpoints that have captured my imagination....

Some times, I get things come to me, on its own and this one talk by Brene Brown on "The Power of Vulnerability" just popped up in my cyber space wandering. It gave me a lot of food for thought and views that I could relate to... hence I thought of sharing it with my friends here. It’s a beautiful TED Talk about love, belongingness and shame... if you don’t have time to hear and see her speak, then probably you can read the transcript that is provided at the end...

On 15th August – Independence Day of India, I reproduce lyrics of ‘Vande Mataram’ as well as the beautiful Vande Mataram song sung by A R Rahman, (Oscar winner). The Song Vande Matram is well known as the National Song of our country written by Bankimchandra wrote the 7th November, 1875.

Click here to read more...

STILL LIFE
My impressions from the places, which I have captured through my roving lenses...

In month of July, I was in Vienna to fulfil my long time desire to see in person the most reproduced painting in the world ‘The Kiss’ by Gustav Klimt as well as to see the famous museums and Danube River. I have always believed that the creativity is another form of meditation and wanted to soak in the atmosphere of the city that gave many creative genius’s like Klimt, Schiele.. This post has some of my impressions from few days I have had spent there...

Click here to read more...

On one of my recent business trip to Europe, I have had an opportunity spend few days in Poland, visiting one of the largest office furniture manufacturer "Nowy Styl" in Europe and their Factory in Poland. This post carries some of my impressions from the journey... Hope you will enjoy it.

Click here to read more...

WHISPERS
Some of my whispers of heart, expressed in forms of poetry, Haiku and free verse..

Some of my Haiku this week..
Some of my Haiku from past... 
This one post is about passionate nights of love... the desires that grow within one’s purity of love, cast by the chaos of mind... sometimes one is not able to control what one wants to do and what one desires in its deepest passionate thoughts...

WANDERLUST:
My spiritual wandering’s across life...

Every year the roads to pilgrim places like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Gangotri or Gaumukh (the glacier from where the Ganga originates) in Uttaranchal turns into flaming orange color with Kanwars – the saffron clad devotees, who’s mission is to collect holy ganges water from these holy places and consecrate the Shiva Linga’s at their villages and homes. 

A beautiful journey to Navdweep and Mayapur... a spiritual place for Krishna devotees
Here is a journey to Navdweep in West Bengal, where the Bhakti Movement was started by Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and then later on taken to international shores by International Society of Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), which is headquartered nearby in Mayapur....

MANTRA YOGA
From this Edition, I am starting another topic, which is all about Mantra Yoga – A meditation system that I have been following for some time. In this process one uses specific Mantra with breathing technique for manifesting health, wealth, Love, peace and wisdom in one’s own life. First of the series is a very powerful Mantra of Lord Shiva

If you are following me on various social media like this blog, Face BookTwitter or have received email from me then I am sure that you have come across my signature sign off...
 नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
And many times, I have been asked what it means. This post explains the meaning of the mantra as well as some very powerful recitations of the mantra chant – One a great Indian classical singer Pandit Jasraj and the other one by a great Krishna devotee Krishna Das which I love listening to....


Hope you would enjoy this edition of my ‘Shadow dancing with Mind’ Please leave a comment on the pages you visit and I will be very grateful if you click the follow button, so that we can be in touch...
_______
Shashi
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                             HOME                           NEXT

1 comment:

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...