Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Oct 8, 2011

19th Edition of Shadow Dancing With Mind


Welcome to 19th Edition of “Shadow Dancing With Mind”. This Edition has the following topics.

FEATURE:
A place where I feature some of the books that I have read recently and share some thoughts that has touched me deeply...

 Paul Brunton - The man who brought the best to the west: the Secret Path
It’s an interesting book which gives a simple path of attaining many powerful things through the power of Meditations. According to Joscelyn Godwin, "...Since discovering Brunton's work in the 1960's I have found no reason to discard their philosophical principles."

It’s a very interesting and engrossing book which talks about the man and his emotions... in the words of Zarathustra; sometimes teaching, sometimes scolding, sometimes just feeling sad the way the man has belittled himself... He talks about the higher man... which to my thought is not very different than the commonly perceived ‘God’... and that is the irony I find in this book.

DESIGN STREET:
Sharing some of legends of design and their work and interesting aspects of their activities...

Charles and Ray Eames were American designers, who worked and made major contributions to modern architecture and furniture designs. Eames chair and Lounge chair with Ottoman, has become one of the iconic furniture in modern times. In this feature, I am going to take you on a journey to this legendary genius’s less known creative side, which was his passion for photography.

For many months, I was trying to find the most suitable way to decide upon and feature at my blog last decade’s top architect of the year, when I stumbled upon "The Pritzker Architecture Prize" considered to be Architecture's Noble Prize. So finally, I am rolling out top ten architects from across world for the last decade (2001 – 2010)...

TALKING POINT:
The recent buzz, landmarks and activities that has caught my attention...

21st September is Leonard Cohen's birthday. An amazing song writer and what a lovely voice. Interestingly he is a Jew who practices Zen Buddhism, having spent several years in Buddhist Monastery, as well as carries a persona associated with mysticism.

23rd September is death anniversary of an amazing poet Pablo Neruda - In 1971 Neruda won the Nobel Prize for Literature. Colombian novelist Gabriel García Márquez once called him "the greatest poet of the 20th century in any language." Neruda always wrote in green ink as it was his personal color of hope. The poetry below is the most fitting tribute to this great writer...

STILL LIFE:
This is the place where I combine my passion for Photography and happenings around me...
This Still life is about my journey among the creative artists of early 20th Century with focus on Secessionist Movement. Below you will see what I found interesting and some of the paintings that touched me deeply in my recent visit to Vienna as well as the world’s costliest painting ever sold, breaking Picasso’s record...

Hope you feel the energy vibrations of Goddess Kali of Dakshineshwar, one of the most powerful temple of Goddess Durga Ji, in India as well as find the pleasure from my impressions from this year’s celebrations of Navratri / Durga Puja celebrations organised by Dakshini Society at Chennai...

WHISPERS: 
A place where I share some of my Haiku, poetry and verses...
Some of my Haiku (To know my thoughts about this beautiful form of poetry, click here...) and then one long verse “Butterfly” as usual about Love and Loss. The Butterfly I have had written for a competition and was one of the finalist to be published in last year Oct. I personally like this one as its about a small little girl, Kalina, who is on sick bed and have one window, her only connection to the world outside.

On 15th Sept, is the day, when Alfred Tennyson’s very close friend Arthur Hallam died in Vienna (at the age of 22) in year 1833. Arthur Hallam was also engaged to marry Tennyson’s sister Emily at that time. This affected both of them greatly and Tennyson was too upset to attend Hallam’s funeral and he never forgot his closest friend. The poem, part of which is posted in the last part of the post, “In Memoriam A H H” begins at Hallam’s funeral as starting point and Tennyson’s another sister Cecilia’s marriage as its end. Though, as Tennyson himself wrote about this poem, “It is rather the cry of the whole of human race than mine. In the poem, altogether private grief swells out into thought of, and hope for, the whole world.”

Another set of Haiku and Poetry based on the theme of Poetry Group that I am hosting...

Hope you will enjoy this edition... look forward to your comments and visit to the next Edition... please click on the “Join this Site” button to follow my activities here...
__________________
Shashi @ Oct 2011
जय दुर्गा जी, जय काली माँ
Jai Durga Ji, Jai Kali Ma

PREV                                     HOME                                       NEXT
18th Edition

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. This is truly good work. I'm glad to see you thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Where to do find the time to write about all of this material? Great job. Yes to the power of meditation and to a process I call emotional recovery: finding the balance between mind, body, and spirit. Peace and Light....Gary.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...