Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Dec 21, 2011

WHISPERS : Earth Wings and Haiku Love Songs...


On the way to Delhi, going for one of my projects at Chandigarh (North India) from Chennai, I see the wings of the plane moving and felt like earth moved, though it actually did not. It triggered a thought process in me and I realised that all our life, we try or we move but actually we don’t.  Hence the long verse here that i am sharing titled “Earth Wings” as well as some latest Haiku on love; that is and will be and will not be...

Rose - Nothing but an image that mind makes...

What we love
Is not what it is
It’s an image that mind makes
__
Love does not need
A mirror of life
To exist
__

Love is human
Affliction, at least
Animals are free
__

Earth as it flies into and out of sea... Worli Sea Face Mumbai - India

EARTH WINGS
________
The earth against the wings
Is not moving
Till the elements of mechanical desires
Moves it forth
Can you actually move earth?

Well, my wings are broken
And I lie dying upon
The earth that is dying
Still
As I move to fly out of my cocoon

Out of my cocoon
As the moth spreads
Its wings
As a butterfly
That is love

All that is wings of earth, dying still
____________
Shashi @ Dec 2011

This is submitted to dVerse Poets Open Link Night WK 23, if you would like to read really some great talented poets as well as add your own, please click here....

_________
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                   HOME                               NEXT
Dreams

10 comments:

  1. I so like your first haiku: that what we love is an image the mind makes.

    Your words always are lyrical and not infrequently deeply philosophical. Lovely contributions here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many faces to love...loved your display of wings... great photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice..i agree as well with the first haiku...and while it is an affliction, i think the animals might feel it as well...even a few...

    nicely done shashi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful & heartbreaking poetry...I love that last stanza especially 'Out of my cocoon
    As the moth spreads
    Its wings
    As a butterfly
    That is love' ..gorgeous imagery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read this twice--more beautiful the second time--usually I prefer your haiku, but this time the long verse really gets to me. Fine writing, Shashi--your mind is always moving, even when the earth stands still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. elegant imagery on this, wow.
    keep up the excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings:

    Merry Christmas,
    Thanks for serving Jingle Poetry Community,
    Stay Blessed,
    Have fun!
    Cheers.

    Come to our poetry party today, have fun sharing.
    Morning..
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...