Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Dec 31, 2011

21st Edition of Shadow Dancing With Mind

HAPPY NEW YEAR

BLESSINGS FROM BODH GAYA
Enjoy the journey... to the place where Buddha attained
enlightenment...
Click Here

Welcome to 21st Edition of “Shadow Dancing With Mind”. This Edition has the following topics.

TALKING POINT
Some of the things that is happening around me, as I get into the daily grind of my life every day, which has made to stop and then think....

As someone who dabbles in various forms of Haiku, Poetry and writing, (but not very good at talking about it or reading it aloud to a group of friends or audience) I was not sure how a poem is performed or what actually is a performing poet. Then I came across this TEDx Talk by Sarah Kay today. Well, it changed the way I look at poetry... It’s an amazing .. Must watch the video...
Click here to read more...

Recently, I came across a beautiful documentary by Discovery Channel hosted by Stephen Hawking asking a question that has remain unanswered since the beginning of mankind, “Does a "God" or a "Celestial Dictator" exist? In this documentary, as described in the write up, Stephen Hawking dissects the science of the universe in answering this very fundamental question.


UP CLOSE & PERSONAL
The section gives you insights of some of the people I have had a chance to meet, interact or have read about that have made a deep impression on my thoughts and feelings...


Recently I came across an interesting and typical new-age commune located in the Alps of Italy, Damanhur. Some consider the Temple structure buried 100 ft under a hill, (constructed in secret by Amateurs over a period of 13 years, without any drawings and plans) 8th Wonder of the world. In exploring further, I realise the beauty of the self made architecture  as well as the guiding philosophy of the commune i.e. The Damanhurians see the temple as a pathway to the divine inside and outside of one's self. (From the book "Damanhur Temples of Humankind"). So here is an introduction... for you to explore further and possibly move in..


Yesterday, 10th Dec, 2011 was an interesting day. It was the day of longest Moon Eclipse as well as the day when I met, for the first time, Mr. Wilbur Smith. He was the one author; I followed and read for the longest period of my life. Wilbur Smith’s books got me to appreciate nature through wild life and savannahs of Africa which later got engraved more firmly in my inner psyche through my spiritual forays into Himalaya’s and grew deeper routes through books like Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra

STILL LIFE
A place where I take you with me to a journey through my impressions and pictures that I have had taken...

One of the most revered holy sites associated with Buddha - Bodh Gaya, the place where Prince Siddhartha attained enlightenment. Since I have special affinity for the thoughts of Buddha from childhood, (I was born in Kushinagar Distt in Uttar Pradesh INDIA – where Lord Buddha attained Nirvana - click here to journey with me to that place as well...) I enjoyed the powerful spiritual energy that permeates in each and everything in and around the temple.  Specially, sitting under the Boddhi Tree in meditation, was a serene and spiritually uplifting experience. 

WHISPERS
A section where I post my poetry, Haiku and verse’s about love, life and living....

I believe that sometimes we cherish pain and selfishly hold on to it till it becomes intrinsic part of our soul... Love has that effect in leaving... in emptying...

I believe that we are not living in now, as our mind is not capable of perceiving it as it is always busy experiencing, accumulating memories and then translating the present according to it...

Sharing some Haiku about life and living along with a verse about what actually it is that ‘is’... 

On the way to Delhi, going for one of my projects at Chandigarh (North India) from Chennai, I see the wings of the plane moving and felt like earth moved, though it actually did not. It triggered a thought process in me and I realised that all our life, we try or we move but actually we don’t...

Inspired by some the protagonists of Secessionist Movement from Vienna, namely Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele. To read more of my thoughts on the movement and see some amazing paintings (including the world’s costliest painting sold)...

Sitting under that Boddhi Tree, I had some thoughts about love, life and living. The Haiku below are some of those expressions. The longer verse ‘Buddha Song’ is entwined echoes of two different feelings that played within me... at the time

__________________________
Hope you will enjoy this edition... look forward to your comments and visit to the next Edition... please click on the “Join this Site” button on the right hand side top corner to follow my activities...
__________________
Shashi @ Dec 2011
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
PREV                                     HOME                                       NEXT
20th Edition

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sashi,

    This is great entry!!

    Btw I have nominated you for the Candle Lighter Award: http://kweschn.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/liebster-and-candle-lighter-blogs/

    Your poems and your stories are beautifully written!

    Happy 2012!!
    :)

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...