Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jun 24, 2010

WHISPERS: Love, longing and loneliness...


Rain, rain Come again
Love, Longing and Loneliness...
Submitted for Thursday Poets Rally WK 30


My window
In the rains
Forgoes its work
Leaves the wall, blank
Jumps in the puddle
Below
_________


Even before the eyes
Could release
First torrent of pain
Even before thoughts
Sink
And nudge us
Over the edge
Spread me in your
Desert places, Star
And
Drum up a passionate dream
______________
Shashi 1989

The sea
Needs all of the sky
For herself
Pregnant with rain
And I needed all of you
As complete
As my pain
____________

I recently stumbled upon Russian Poetess and loved here poetry very much. Her poetry has a sense of loss and even her life's story is sad and felt very emotional after reading her biography. Some times, life's twist and turns take you to places where you can not just do any thing but surrender to it. Click here if you would like to read about her in the Wikipedia

Here is one of her verses
________________________
My Poems...
My poems, written early, when I doubted
That I could ever play the poet’s part,
Erupting, as though water from a fountain
Or sparks from a petard,

And rushing as though little demons, senseless,
Into a sanctuary, where incense spreads,
My poems about death and adolescence,
--that still remain unread! --

Collecting dust in bookstores all this time,
Where no one comes to carry them away,
My poems, like exquisite, precious wines,
Will have their day!
______________________
Marina Tsvetaeva, 1913
Translated by Andrey Kneller

This post is Submitted to Thursday Poets Rally Week 30 
Click to submit your own here and read some interesting writers
Got the perfect poet award from the Thursday Poets Rally WK 29 and here is my Acceptance Haiku
_________
Rain dance in lust
Breeze caresses in mist
And she hides behind my memories
______________________________________
Thanks for the award.
Click here to go back the starting page to read more from my blog


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...