Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Nov 6, 2011

20th Edition of Shadow Dancing With Mind

Welcome to 20th Edition of “Shadow Dancing With Mind”. This Edition has the following topics.

UP CLOSE & PERSONAL:
The section gives you insights of some of the people I have had a chance to meet, interact or have read about that have made a deep impression on my thoughts and feelings...

Recently I came across an artist, whose paintings made me think about Salvador Dali. Vladimir Kush’s painting style hits you with a new vision, color and ideas about the things he paints about... just like the Dali...

When we look back at our life and question ourselves... where we are going, what are we doing and what this life is all about... etc, we don’t really have a clear cut answer? We rationalize, we wonder and sometimes we doubt if we are doing anything at all. Or we are just hollow and empty shell trying to fill our existence with possessions, belongings, ideologies, beliefs etc...

TALKING POINT:
Some of the things that is happening around me, as I get into the daily grind of my life every day, which has made to stop and then think....


My younger brother send me this wonderful talk “How Will You Measure Your Life” given by Harvard Business School Professor Clay Christensen to the graduating class of 2010 on their request to address them, “not on how to apply his principles and thinking in their post HBS careers but how to apply them to their personal life.” ...

Some days back, I woke up to read that Mahan Maharaj of Belur Math won the highest honor of mathematics in India "Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award". Mahan Maharaj is a Monk at Belur Math in Kolkata, set up by another great spiritualist, Swami Vivekananda. ...

First day of Hindu Literary Festival 2011 – Chennai
I have been waiting for the Hindu’s Lit For Life 2011 - Chennai – A literary festival spread over two days i.e 29thOct and 30th Oct. Cancelled all my activities for these 2 days and focussed on only one thing, to find out for myself what the great writers are made of? 

Second day of Hindu Literary Festival 2011 – Chennai: 2nd Day of Hindu Literary Festival and the winner is ...  It was a pleasure to see a very talented and humble person and a new friend,Rahul Bhattacharyawinning The Hindu Literary Prize for Best Fiction 2011' for his lovely book “The Sly Company of People Who Care”. 

STILL LIFE:
A place where I take you with me to a journey through my impressions and pictures that I have had taken...

I am sharing in this post some powerful spiritual energy sources in India associated with Goddess Durga and Laxmi, that has made a strong impression on me. Sharing  also some of my impressions of Diwali from past year... But before that, let me introduce my friends from abroad to this important festival of light...

I have had met Renie Revin almost a year back at one of the Social Media meet organised by another good friend. Renie's talk interested me to get on to the IndiBlogger and share thoughts with another passionate bloggers from across the world...  and last sunday, it was the first time I attended the blogger meet. It was a great journey from being a individual blogger for personal satisfaction to connecting with like minded people from all walks of life.... 

WHISPERS:
A section where I post my poetry, Haiku and verse’s about love, life and living....


Some of my free form Haiku to begin with and then my dedication to the powerful style of poetry reading by a great author Vikram Seth, hope you would like it...

Some of my Haiku about yearning and then a long verse ‘Wet and Sandy Beach’ on a subject that some (including me) consider taboo...

It’s raining in Chennai and I love rains... It brings me close to nature as well as it feels as if some sadness is being released from my inner depths... so here I am with my thoughts about it and some of my Haiku related to it....
__________________________
Hope you will enjoy this edition... look forward to your comments and visit to the next Edition... please click on the “Join this Site” button to follow my activities here...

__________________

Shashi @ Nov 2011

नमः शिवाय

Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                     HOME                                       NEXT
19th Edition of Shadow Dancing..

4 comments:

  1. Here's to all the different forms that reflect and project Light. Thank you for helping us find more balance between mind, body, and spirit. Namaste....Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. letting you know that you are supposed to do poetry form draft today,

    you can still do it and post it any time by Thursday,

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...